Advertising Sales Consultant
As an Advertising Sales Consultant for Valpak of West Michigan, you will be responsible for completing the following essential job functions on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.”
- Sell media campaigns
- Prospect via cold calling with a goal to set 8-10 appointments each day
- Monitor campaign performance and progress
- Attend weekly training sessions
- Communication skills
- Well-developed technological skills
- Organization skills and be able to work efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Team-oriented with a competitive drive
- High accountability
High School Diploma
Previous outside sales experience preferred but not necessary”
This job seems like a good place to start considering experience is not needed, only preferred. I don’t fall short of much here so I feel that this position could help me to gain the experience needed to be a good candidate for future jobs.
V.P. Sales and Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 or more years within sales
- marketing communications including branding, website design, PR, and advertising
- cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10 years in sales
- 10 years in marketing
I obviously fall short on basically all of these requirements, but I wanted to include this job position because I hope to someday have the experience and knowledge to become a V.P. in the advertising or marketing industry. I believe I have the drive and potential to one day achieve this goal and become a great candidate for this position or a position similar.
ENTRY LEVEL ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE- Marketing/Advertising
Shine Marketing Solutions, Inc.
- Entry Level Management
- Junior Marketing
- Campaign Development
- Event Coordination
- Sales Associates
- Customer Service
Although this is an entry level position, I am still lacking a few of the required skills above. I have great costumer service skills as well as being able to handle event coordination, but I do lack experience and knowledge in campaign development, sales associates, and junior marketing. Hopefully, through the help of the advertising program at Grand Valley and the PRSSA, I will be able to apply for this position after graduating.
Marketing & Advertising Assistant
Mary Pantely & Associates
- Sending emails out through Outlook
- Preparing reports and proposals in MS Office and Magazine Manager
- Social media
- Pays strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Graphic Design
- proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
This seems like a good place to start. I have some, but not a great ton of experience in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, but I am very familiar with Photoshop and Microsoft Office. These skills can always be improved and I am hopeful that they will be during my next two years at GVSU.
Management Training – Marketing / Advertising / Public Relations
- 1-2 years experience or training in marketing, management or sales preferred
- Experience in customer service
- Organization and project management skills
- Communication skills
- Desire to succeed
For the most part, I feel qualified for this position. Although if I were to get hired right out of college I would have a great amount of training and studying to do in order to do the job efficiently as well as correctly. I do fall short of the 1-2 years of experience required to be completely qualified. I am hoping to gain the experience to be a better candidate for this job through the internships I plan on doing during college.
Public Relations Specialist
- Time Management
- Well organized
- Strong project management abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree
For this position it seems I would only be falling short of my Bachelor’s degree. Although all other skills always have room for improvement. Once I am graduated and these skills have improved I believe I could be a great potential candidate for the job.
Public Relations Assistant
Eminence Management, Inc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership experience
- Ambition, strong work ethic, and open to new ideas
- Problem solving skills
In order to be a good candidate for this job, I will have to have some intern experience under my belt. It seems that there aren’t many requirements because it is an entry level position, but I believe a few internships could put me where I would need to be in order to be hired for this job.
VP of Marketing & Sales
- Minimum of eight (8) years sales and marketing experience.
- Create, review, manage and present marketing and sales budgets
- Create annual sales plans and goals online
- Expertise across all marketing platforms
Besides the 8 years in sales and marketing experience, I feel that I could handle the rest of the requirements after graduating from college. Most marketing platforms include social media, which is something that I can say I am fairly familiar with.
Graphic Designer – Institutional Marketing
Grand Valley State University
- Adobe InDesign
- experience with color correction, press checks, and magazine design
Although I am somewhat familiar with Adobe programs listed above, this job does require 5 or more years of experience in graphic design or a similar profession. I’m sure after gaining more experience through internships and entry level jobs, I would be an outstanding candidate for this position. Some of the things listed in the job description include banners and brochures and these are both things I have done before using all of the different Adobe programs.
Entry Level Position
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Corel Draw
I was surprised after clicking on the link and reading the digital skill requirements considering this is an entry level position. I have actually never had any experience with either of these programs. Now I am very interested to learn about these programs and gain more knowledge and experience on them. Becoming more familiar with them will expand my resume and hopefully open up more doors for me in terms of being hired.