So, in the beginning of the year,when brand yourself was first introduced to me, my report card was a B. I didn’t understand how to filter the search results in order to help my overall grade before and I only filtered 5 positive which is why I think I was given a B. Today when I went back to do it, I got a better understanding for the website and began looking through more search results and found MANY that were positive to my brand, the only problem is, I refreshed it to see my overall grade before filtering and finding all of these positive attributes to add….so it kept me at a B because since I don’t pay for premium I couldn’t refresh my report card:( I certainly 100% believe that I would have been given an A after sorting through more search results.
I definitely see some ways I can improve my online presence to help out my Brand Yourself Report Card. Some of these ways include:
- Being more involved in clubs, community events, and activities will help my online presence because nowadays things like these are usually written about in a newsletter or a recap about the ‘events’ and being able to filter these things to come up on a google search of my name will make me look better 😉
- By using my social media accounts in a more professional way, when people come across them they will be impressed instead of taken back or disappointed which can improve my personal brand.
- By keeping up with the Brand Yourself website, I will be able to always check up on what my google searches are looking like to make sure other people only see what I want them to see.
- I can also improve my personal brand by consistently using my social media and keeping content valuable, relevant, and recent.
- Last but not least, using my social media and LinkedIn, I can connect with professionals in my field and by doing this, hopefully it will improve my online credibility.
So overall, I think for now, my personal brand is pretty good but there is always room for improvement. Hopefully next time I am able to refresh my report card, I will be rewarded with an A instead of a B. 🙂